What\’s Your Story?
Everyone has a story. No two teammates are alike. At McLane, we understand that what you do after work is just as important as what you do on the clock. We prove it by offering you time and compensation to make your story the best it can be.
TRUCK DRIVER TRAINEE – CDL-A REQUIRED – Ridgefield, WA
GR300 DM Ridgefield
Becoming a McLane teammate is to become part of an honest, stable, and reliable company with 125 years of success. We are looking for teammates with perseverance who will take the extra step for our customers, our community, and the company. In return, we will pay you well and offer you the opportunity to go as far in your career as you want to go.
Description – External A teammate in this position learns the essential functions of the Driver job including the accurate and timely distribution of products to various customer locations.The Driver Trainee gains exposure to warehouse and other operational functions as part of the developmental process of becoming a McLane Driver.DAY 1 BENEFITS such as medical, dental, and vision insurance and company-paid life insurance.Industry-leading 401(k) with annual company match starts on your 90th day.Paid holidays, vacation time, educational assistance program, and more.Start rate: $22.00 (8-10 weeks of training) Guaranteed minimum pay biweekly of $2,500 after training.$85,000 Average Salary Driver Sign on Bonus: $15,000 Payout.Schedule for Driver Sign on Bonus: – $3000 – 30 days after start date – $6000 – 120 days after start date – $6000 – 210 days after start date.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
* A teammate in this job will train side-by-side with a Driver Trainer to acquire the skills necessary to perform the following functions: – Maneuver tractor into position to attach trailer and handle lines to secure.
* Operates truck in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
* Inspect tractor-trailer equipment for defects pre/post trip and submit DOT inspection report indicating condition.
* Operates Driver Delivery Handheld (DDH), document delivery receipts/product temperatures and exceptions.
* Inspects trailer to ensure product is secure for undamaged transport of product.
* Rides and trains with Driver Trainer of tractor-trailer to various destinations, gaining knowledge of commercial driving regulations and observing the Drivers skill in starting engine properly, approaching intersections, making turns, backing, parking, and maneuvering vehicle on the road and on customer premises.
* Maintain driver log (Manual or PeopleNet) according to DOT regulations, documenting delivery receipt, product temperatures and exceptions.
* Assists the Driver in unloading trailer and delivering product into customer premises.
* Provides customer service including on-time delivery of undamaged product, product returns and issuing valid customer credits.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
* A teammate in this position must:
* Be at least 21 years of age.
* Meet eligibility requirements in the McLane Transfer and Promotion Policy.
* CDL A Required – Ability and willingness to select/load/unload and/or deliver ALL products that may be ordered by McLane customers.
* Ability to stand, walk, sit, climb, reach,bend, squat, and stoop to accomplish the essential job functions.
* Ability to read and comprehend labels, instructions, and bills of lading.
* Ability to perform mathematical calculations to verify quantities of product.
* Able to communicate with customers, management, and other teammates.
* Able to safely drive a tractor-trailer, use a 2-wheeled dolly, ramp, and on board PeopleNet devices.
* The environment encompasses all areas of a distribution center, transportation department, shop and customer facilities.
* Working conditions could contain moderate noise, vibration of vehicle and extreme weather conditions depending on climate.
* Regular and frequent travel, including overnight.
* WORK SAFE HOME SAFE is one of our mottos at McLane Company.
* Your safety and ability to do your job and get home to your family is why all prospective teammates go through a pre-hire screening process.
* All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.