A Place Where People Matter.
Start your career journey with Univar Solutions! Here you can make an impact on the world around you and accelerate your career in areas that energize and excite you.
Tank Farm Worker
Primary Purpose: Mixes and packages Company products. Maintains inventory levels and assists in shipping and receiving products and materials in the warehouse.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs manual warehouse duties as assigned or directed.
• Loads and unloads company trucks, common carriers and customer vehicles using forklift and other required equipment.
• Ships and receives products according to company’s procedures and requirements.
• Assists in the maintenance of the warehouse facility.
• Serves on company’s in-plant or off-site emergency response team.
• Places hazardous materials or waste into appropriate containers.
• Receives, unloads and places into storage hazardous waste received from off-site generators; completes inspections and paperwork associated with receiving and storing hazardous waste.
• Properly manages hazardous waste while inside container storage area or otherwise under company responsibility or controls.
• Prepares for shipment and loads hazardous waste destined for off-site recycling/disposal facilities; completes inspections and paperwork associated with shipping hazardous waste.
• Cleans and maintains warehouse and equipment.
• Adheres to company quality processes, as applicable.
• Assists to resolve product quality issues in an efficient and timely manner, as applicable.
• Performs all other duties as required.
• Complies with all company policies, rules and guidelines.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• Ability to operate an industrial powered lift truck or forklift according to company procedures and governmental regulations
• Knowledge of cGMP requirements as it pertains to FDARP as applicable to the facility
• Ability to use and maintain respiratory protection equipment
• Ability to learn proper methods for handling hazardous materials and wastes, with training
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions:
• Physical ability to lift and carry at least 100 lb. net bags for short distances
• Physical ability to tilt back or break 800 lb. net drums onto a dolly
• Physical ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
• Test negative on the company’s drug tests
• Exposure to fumes, dirt, noise and hazardous chemicals on a daily basis.
May require safety equipment and/or precautions
Univar Solutions is a leading, global distributor of chemicals and ingredients essential to the safety, health, and wellbeing of our daily lives from life-saving medicines and vitamins to hand sanitizers and industrial materials used for cleaning, construction, and more. Our global team of more than 10,000 employees support our vision to redefine distribution and be the most valued chemical and ingredient distributor on the planet!
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes market aligned pay and incentives as well as a diverse benefits offering to support our employees’ physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing.
Univar Solutions supports sustainable solutions for the world around us so that we can do our part to help keep our communities healthy, fed, clean, and safe!
We are committed to a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusion. Together, we are building a culture that acknowledges the unique experiences, perspectives and expertise of individuals and provides the development and growth opportunities to empower us to redefine our industry.
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.