Coxsackie, New York
Sheet Metal Fabricator I
No Experience Needed! Training Provided! We are growing and looking for motivated individuals to learn our business and grow with us!
Duties may include the set up and operation of various machines, hand tools, and pneumatic tools which may heat, bend, form, press, stretch, shrink, straighten, notch, punch, roll, cut, refine, grind, drill, machine drawings, tools or customer specifications.
Who are we?
Founded in 1849, Ducommun is the oldest company in California. Starting as a hardware supply store during the California Gold Rush and eventually assisted in the birth of the aerospace industry in Southern California by providing aircraft aluminum to early aerospace pioneers like Lindbergh, Douglas and Lockheed.
Today Ducommun is a global provider of innovative manufacturing solutions for customers in the aerospace, defense and industrial markets. We specialize in electronic and structural systems, producing complex products and components for commercial aircraft platforms, mission-critical military and space programs, and sophisticated industrial applications.
Our Facility in Coxsackie, NY manufactures large, complex contoured structural components and assemblies for aerospace and other applications. Our integrated processes include stretch-forming, thermal-forming, chemical processing, precision fabrication, machining, finishing processes, and integration of components into subassemblies.
• Excellent company culture – as recognized by Newsweek’s Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Opportunity for career growth
• Great benefits including paid vacation and sick time, 401K match, Employee Stock Purchase Program, annual bonus plan, and tuition reimbursement
• Verify the operation as specified in the traveler as it relates to the operation being performed (i.e. the proper material, thickness, process, etc.)
• Ability to understand layout and plan sequence of operations.
• Be able to set equipment controls and timers.
• Set up machinery and dies.
• Be familiar with machine operation and controls.
• Be capable of making any necessary adjustments ensuring the quality of parts remains consistent.
• Be able to refine parts for cosmetic or other customer-specified reasons.
• Use precision measuring tools in set ups and quality assurance.
• Use necessary inspection media to ensure consistent quality.
• Be familiar with customer specifications as they relate to the operation being performed.
• Must be willing and able to work overtime as necessary.
Physical Demands & Work Conditions
• Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, with or without assistance.
• Working conditions are: 100% manufacturing environment.
• Regularly required to work near moving mechanical parts.
• Regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and airborne particles.
• Noise level is usually loud.
• Ability to wear personal protective equipment as required by safety standards.
Required Skills & Qualifications
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• 6 to 12 months’ Manufacturing or Warehouse experience is preferred.
• Strong mechanical aptitude required.
• Basic math skills required – decimals, percentages, fractions; geometry and trigonometry preferred.
• Computer Skills – able to learn new screens, reports, functions, software programs and internal ERP systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
171 Stacey Road
Coxsackie, New York, 12051