Ann Arbor, Michigan
Affinity Executive Search
QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
ANN ARBOR, MI
$70-90K PLUS BONUS
Our food manufacturing client in Ann Arbor, MI is looking to hire a Quality Assurance Manager. This QA Manager will conduct quality assurance audits of plant production facilities assuring company, customer and government standards are maintained and product integrity is preserved for each product produced. Consult with plant management to resolve quality, production and efficiency problems and functions as an information source to various plant departments with special and critical quality issues occur. Perform special department projects in conjunction with Senior Management.
* Confirm that plant audit procedures are properly executed and assigned work schedules are maintained.
* Determine overall plant product quality by conducting and evaluating various product sampling tests and tests regulated to raw materials/ingredients and finished product.
* Inform plant management of progress of failures in daily production.
* Resolve major quality problems at plant production facilities, warehouses and market areas as required.
* Evaluate and take corrective action when necessary with regard to labeling, product date coding and trade age management.
* Recommend and/or develop training programs for quality, food safety, GMT training.
* Consult with plant management, make recommendations and establish timetables for improvement and corrections.
* Prepare plant evaluation reports and submit them to senior management.
* Oversee the HACCP and Pest Control Programs.
* Coordinate new product development and plant introduction.
* Ensure compliance to quality, food safety and HACCP support programs.
* 5+ years of experience as a quality control supervisor or manager in a food manufacturing industry.
* Bachelors degree in chemistry, biology, microbiology, food science or related.
* Previous supervisory experience.
* Experience with BRC, FDA, HACCP, Ready-To-Eat.
* Comprehensive Health Benefits Package
* Vacation and Paid Time Off
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.