Category: Global Supply Chain
Location: Chandler, Arizona
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Clearance Type: None
Telecommute: Yes -May Consider Occasional/Part Time Teleworking for this position
Shift: 1st Shift
Travel Required: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
SP Launch and Missile Defense Systems (LMDS) is an industry-leading provider for launch systems capabilities serving national security, military, civil and commercial customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
LMDS has an opening for a Principal/Senior Subcontracts Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Chandler, Arizona. Roles and Responsibilities:
· Sources and procures goods and services of a category nature from many suppliers.
· Initiates Requests for Quotations and Proposals and receives same, analyzing proposed pricing from potential suppliers.
· Establishes agreements with suppliers using a mix of contract types including firm fixed price and cost reimbursable.
· In conjunction with quality organization, evaluates and monitors supplier quality and reliability, as well as supplier ability to support required delivery schedules.
· Works with internal customers to ensure specifications are appropriate for the services or products required.
· Identifies opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through targeted negotiations.
· Issues purchase orders.
· Manages performance of purchase orders, ensures compliance with all public law requirements as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations.
· Employs sound business practices and assesses supplier performance as part of follow-up activities.
· Ensures that appropriate documentation is provided to logistics/transportation & warehouse organization so that proper receipt is recorded.
· Reviews and approves supplier payment as needed.
· Utilizes process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities: · Works positively in a high-energy and fast-paced environment · Self-motivated · Highly organized · Delivers quality work on time · Communicates quickly and thoughtfully through integrated team structures · Strong interpersonal skills with a best-in-class customer service mindset As an employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for our robust benefits package which includes:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work. To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers” video: From This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below. #LI-DR2
This requisition may be filled at either a Principal Subcontracts Administrator or Senior Subcontracts Administrator level. Basic Qualifications: Attainment of one of the following years of experience in Supply Chain or Contracts:
a. 4 years experience with a Master’s Degree in a Business and/or STEM (Science, Technology Engineering or Mathematics)
b. 6 years’ experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in a Business and/or STEM (Science, Technology Engineering or Mathematics)
c. 10 years’ experience no degree Preferred Qualifications: – Degree in supply chain management, business, finance or related field preferred – Experience writing and negotiating Long Term Agreements – Experience negotiating Terms and Conditions – Ability to read technical drawings and documents – Knowledge of government contracting requirements and regulations (e.g. FAR, DFARS, ITAR, etc.)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions. #LI-DR2
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.