The Operations Manager has overall responsibility for the production and warehouse departments including but not to operational layout and augmentation, performance, personnel management, safety, quality, and departmental P&L. The Operations Manager will partner with members of the management team and offer recommendations for process and equipment optimizations and will have regular interactions with customers and other outside vendors to discuss opportunities as well as areas of success. This position is expected to lead with a continuous improvement mentality.
Minimum Qualification and Skill Requirements of Position
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field with a minimum of 5 years leadership and operational experience in a
• Must have demonstrated Human Relation and Leadership skills sufficient to communicate performance expectations,
motivate, and retain staff members as required
• Must be detailed oriented and have good planning and organization skills
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills as this position interacts with customers, co-workers, office
and managerial staff
• Must have excellent reading, analytical, mathematical and mechanical aptitude skills
• Must have adequate computer skills in order to create and process reports, email, etc. (Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Must be able to obtain fork truck certification and perform all warehousing/material handling operations
• Lean Certification strongly preferred, or demonstrated training on subject
• Experience in creating and administering departmental budgets
• Able to read and understand engineering drawing and specifications
• Must be able to come in early and stay late as the need arises
• Intrinsically motivated
Required Position Competencies and Standards
Physical Requirements: Must be physically able to operate a variety of maintenance equipment and tools. Must be
physically able to operate a motor vehicle. Must be able to use body members to work, move, or carry objects or materials.
Must be able to exert up to fifty pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to twenty-five pounds frequently. Physical demand
requirements are at levels of those for physically active work. Must be able to lift and/or carry weights of up to fifty pounds.
Must be able to stand for a prolong period.
Data Conception: Requires the ability to compare and/or judge the readily observable functional, structural, or
compositional characteristics (whether like or divergent from obvious standards) of data, people, or things.
Interpersonal Communication: Requires the ability of speaking and/or signaling people to convey or exchange
information related to administrative duties.
Language Ability: Requires the ability to speak with and before others with poise, voice control, and confidence using
correct English and well-modulated voice.
Intelligence: Requires the ability to learn and understand relatively complex principles and techniques related to
administrative and clerical duties; to make independent judgments in absence of supervision; to acquire knowledge of
topics related to primary occupation.
Verbal Aptitude: Requires the ability to record and deliver information, to explain procedures, and follow verbal and
Numerical Aptitude: Requires the ability to utilize mathematical formulas; add, subtract, multiply and divide figures;
determine percentages; determine time weight.
Physical Communication: Requires the ability to talk and/or hear. Talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of
spoken words. (Hearing – perceiving nature of sounds by ear)
Work Environment: The work environment will consist of both a temperature regulated office area as well as an ambient
temperature production and warehouse space. This role will spend most of their time on the production and warehouse
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through
Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; however, hours may vary based on business needs and include weekend work.
Travel: This position may require up to 10% travel inside/outside the local area and overnight. International travel may