Stratas Foods LLC is the leading supplier of fats and oils to the Foodservice, Food Ingredients and Retail Private Label markets in North America and is a producer of quality bulk and packaged dressings, mayonnaise and sauces. Stratas Foods was formed in October 2008 as a 50/50 joint venture between ACH Food Companies (ACH) and Archer Daniels Midland (ADM).
Manufacturing facilities are located in Dallas and Houston, TX; Decatur and Quincy, IL; Englewood, NJ; Fresno, CA; Nashville, TN; and Valdosta, GA. Corporate offices are located in Memphis, TN. We are committed to maintaining a progressive workplace by utilizing the ideas, skills and talents of all of our employees. We strive to make Stratas Foods a great place to work and are building a team capable of meeting our business goals.
Schedule: Monday – Friday & Typical Business Hours (8-5) but hours can vary based on business needs.
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for or involved in recruiting, payroll, and benefits related issues. Will also assist Human Resource Operations Manager with various generalist and/or administrative functions to include but not limited to HR, Payroll, Benefits Administration, and Recruiting.
Human Resources Coordinator Job Duties
1. Communicate the various benefit plans (i.e. healthcare, life insurance, retirement savings programs) and maintain appropriate files.
2. Lead the recruiting process for Plant hourly and various salaried positions using approved resources, i.e. SmartRecruiters.
3. Maintain employee human resource files. Assist employees with Self-Service and other self-help resources.
4. Assist with Employee Relations and/or union grievance process.
5. Assist Health & Safety professional with Worker’s Compensation incident reporting, training, and record keeping.
6. Serve as point person for employees regarding FMLA and other leave issues.
7. Record all information necessary to prepare affirmative action plans.
8. Actively assist with audits.
9. On-board all new hourly and salaried employees. Administer, log, maintain, and track all required training courses.
10. Participate in and assist HR Operations team with implementing policy, procedures, and practices involving the Human Resource function.
11. Daily monitoring of time clock system to ensure data accuracy.
12. Process weekly/bi-weekly payroll timely and accurately. Review payroll registers.
13. Work closely with Payroll to address hourly employee maintenance-direct deposit, tax changes, raises etc.
14. Process new hires and terminations including E-verify, NARF’s, EDF, etc.
15. Serve as point person for all payroll related issues/concerns.
16. Three shift operation so flexing schedule at times may be necessary.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent education and experience
PHR Certification a plus but not required.
3 -5 years of Human Resource experience to include Payroll, Benefits Administration, Employee Relations and Recruiting? Experience in Manufacturing or Warehouse industry a plus.
The ideal candidate will have a wide range of HR experience, is comfortable wearing several different hats (HR, Payroll, Benefits Administration, Recruiting, Workers Comp, etc., Ability to multi task and time management is a must in this fast paced environment!
Physical: Typing and manual dexterity required. Lifting of up to 25lbs. Position sits, speaks on the phone and computer work-70% of time. 30% of the time must walk, reach, and stand.
Sensory: Ability to hear, see, speak, smell and touch well is necessary to perform basic essential task.
Mental/Reasoning: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Good organizational skills with strong discipline and work ethic. Dependable. Ability to multi task and work under pressure while managing obstacles such as time constraints and prioritize work load appropriately. Must work well with others under little supervision. Confidentiality is critical.
Stratas Foods is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee in any manner prohibited by law, including but not limited to, on the basis of race or color, religion, gender, age, genetic information, national origin/ancestry, mental or physical disability, family status/marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, and any other legally protected status.