At Lakeside, we’re committed to growing our company – and our people. When you join the Lakeside team, you’ll become part of our family. Since 1887 we’ve produced a diverse line of canned and frozen foods. We sell our products through major retailers, food service distributors and national restaurant chains. We’re driven to find new, innovative ways to serve our customers and our community. And there’s a seat at the table for you.
Supply packaging line with boxes, product necessary for run, accurately record case totals on pallets, record unused product, assist in loading and unloading of trucks.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Fill out forklift checklist with needed information of condition of forklift.
• Examine schedule for the shift of product to be run.
• Make sure correct lot is staged and ready to run.
• Operate computerized barcoding system.
• Place product on depal so depal operator can fill line prior to start up.
• Check that line has pallets and boxes/trays to start running.
• Complete a pallet ticket for each pallet of finished product.
• Keep Lakeside pallets separate from truck pallets.
• Return any unused pallets to warehouse.
• Make dumpster available and empty when necessary.
• Remove papers from depal when necessary.
• If your line is down because of defective product, help sort out product.
• If line is down for mechanical reasons and downtime is expected to be minimal, assist in clean up of area.
• If line downtime is substantial, notify supervisor so appropriate work can be found for the entire crew.
• May perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor/manager.
• Adhere to all Lakeside Foods policies and procedures.
• Notify supervisor/manager immediately if any unsafe or potentially hazardous conditions are discovered.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Education and/or Experience:
• Two to five years forklift experience and/or training.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
TEAMWORK AT LAKESIDE (TAL):
• Through individual and team efforts, enthusiastically work toward the continuous improvement of his/her job, work area, department and Lakeside as a whole. Fully participate in TAL by “living” Lakeside’s Standards of Conduct and being an active member of operational and project teams. By action and work, clearly and visibly demonstrate the spirit of teamwork, cooperation and respect for others in all business transactions and exchanges.
Lakeside Foods welcomes people of all backgrounds and the varied ideas they bring to the workplace. Being an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer is part of our heritage and culture. We recruit, hire and promote employees based on qualifications and merit, without regard to race, religion, age, gender, disability, marital or veteran status.