Goodwill Gulf Coast
GOODWILL GULF COAST
TITLE: Forklift Equipment Operator DATE WRITTEN: 07/2020
DEPARTMENT: Donated Goods SUPERVISED BY: Material Handler Supervisor
SUPERVISES: n/a STATUS: Hourly, Part-time or Full-time
Helps with the flow of goods through the Transportation and Salvage departments to minimize waste and maximize profits that help to create jobs and fund services to the community.
To assist in the general day-to-day operations of the Transportation, Salvage, and Bargain Store by maintaining a clean, productive and safe work area.
1. Assists in maintaining a clean and safe work area by utilizing the forklift.
2. Load and unload salvage, recycle and route trucks with the forklift with minimal supervision. Routes merchandise to proper area.
3. Assists with baling and transports completed bales to shipping area using forklift vehicle.
4. Keeps dock, yard and baling area clean and aisles free of equipment, materials and debris, at all times.
5. Assists with preventative measures of equipment, tools and facilities in the Warehouse.
6. Assists with daily operations of inventory control and rotation in the Bargain Store.
7. Serves on-call for Donation Center Attendant.
8. Acts as a positive role model for co-workers in every aspect of professional behavior.
9. Observes safety procedures and personnel policies.
10. Regular attendance is required as outlined in Goodwill’s attendance policy.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Skills, knowledge and abilities:
1. Must be able to interact cordially and productively with a variety of people.
2. Must be able to market Goodwill and explain the mission to the general public.
3. Must be able to take initiative and work well with little supervision.
4. Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly in English – enough to keep logs updated.
5. Must be able to keep information confidential.
6. Must establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisor and co-workers.
7. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
8. Ability to function in a hectic work environment with occasional periods of high stress.
9. Must be able to take initiative and make decisions with little supervision.
10. Must pass a drug screen, including random drug testing as required by the Drug Free Workplace policy.
11. Must be at least 18 years of age.
Experience and Education Requirements:
• High School diploma or GED preferred, but not required.
• Prior experience working in a warehouse environment preferred.
• Prior forklift experience in a warehouse environment preferred.
• Ability to engage in frequent bending, stretching, stooping, and prolonged standing, walking and twisting.
• Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 lbs. frequently and 75lbs. regularly and 100+ lbs. with assistance occasionally.
• Ability to push equipment on wheels weighing 50 lbs. to 150 lbs.
• Ability to use fingers, hands and wrists, repetitively.
Considerable physical exertion. Exposure to soiled and damaged donated goods materials. Exposure to a variety of weather conditions (extreme heat, cold, rain, etc.).
Critical Performance Factors:
1. Customer Service
2. Safety/Accident Prevention
4. Speed and quality of work