Ellen Lighting Inc
Estimator – Construction
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to be our next Estimator to join our team in our Stafford, TX 77477 location.
Who We Are:
We have been in business for over 30 years in Stafford, TX area with currently 120 employees and GROWING! . Most of our employees in the Project Manager position have been with our company between 5 and 15 years. Our location is conveniently located directly off a major freeway for easy access. Our current, custom built facility consists of 19,500 square feet of office space, 9,200 square feet of Showroom, and 80,000 square feet of warehouse.
About the Role:
This person will be assisting the estimation of large-scale multi-family developments. The successful candidate will work with our vendors for product specifications, availability, and pricing quotes. The candidate will also work with our project managers when bidding projects. This is a highly detail-oriented and fast paced position. The candidate must be willing to learn tremendous amounts of detail in a very specific niche and leverage that knowledge to garner personal and company success.
What you’ll do:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following.
* Prepares estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
* Analyzes blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
* Confers with engineers, architects, owners, contractors, and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
* Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by management
Our Perfect Candidate
Education and Experience:
* High school diploma
* Minimum of 1 year of on-site construction experience
* Must be able to read blueprint, and be detailed oriented to meet deadlines & multi-task
* Should have previous estimating experience
* Proficiency with Microsoft Applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
* AutoCAD and/or Sketchup skills helpful
* Bilingual in English and Spanish helpful, but not required
Required Abilities and Skills:
* Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
* Time management skills to prioritize and meet deadlines
* Dependable, great attitude, and team player
* Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
* Flexibility to work in a changing environment
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
* Competitive salary will commensurate with experience and education
* Comprehensive benefits package available: (healthcare, vision, dental and life insurances; 401k plan; paid vacation, sick days, and holidays)
Please submit resume via the ‘Apply Now’ button!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Keyword: Acquisition Cost Estimator, Construction Estimator, Cost Consultant, Cost Engineer, Cost Estimator, Estimator, Blueprints, Building Permits, Shop Drawing, Construction Blueprints, AutoCAD, Sketchup, Construction Skills, Building Department Knowledge, Construction Regulations