Metropolitan Utilities District
Under limited supervision, the ERP Technical/Functional Analyst II provides support to departments and end-users utilizing SAP and other appropriate systems in their daily and regular business operations. Using standard business methodology and processes, gathers, analyzes, and documents the business rules and requirements from internal functional business units. Facilitates the implementation of solutions to meet identified business needs, ensures the accurate implementation of District policy, practice, and process within SAP and other appropriate system. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Participates as a contributor in related projects or initiatives outside of his/her direct area of responsibility.
1. Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, plus a minimum five (5) years of related work experience with project management, software development or system support, OR a Master s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
2. Knowledge of several functional areas including: Asset Management, Purchasing, Materials Management (MM), Plant Maintenance (PM), Warehouse Management (WM), Quality Management (QM) Mobility, and/or related SAP Functional Areas. Knowledge of data reporting, data warehousing, and business intelligence.
3. Technical proficiency as a Technical/Functional Expert in one or more areas including, but not limited to: Purchasing, Materials Management, Warehouse Management, EAM, Plant Maintenance, Fleet Management, Quality Management (QM) Minimum four (4) years of SAP experience required. Mobile EAM, Asset Tracking, Field Service and Geographic Enablement.
4. Preferred proficiency with technologies underlying the following components such as, but not limited to: SAP components such as, but not limited to, relational databases and database tools, web technology, or Linux
5. Ability to be available to support critical systems 24x7x365 in order to provide continuous and effective service to customers.
6. Effective time-management skills and ability to work with minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities, while meeting or exceeding deadlines.
7. Possess strong customer service and leadership skills; ability to build collaborative and effective business relationships to meet organizational objectives and goals within an environment of change.
8. Ability to focus on business solutions and results first before technology.
9. Must be able to communicate with internal and external team members effectively, verbally and in writing; accurately document customer needs; and tailor communication to a diverse clientele which will include both technical and administrative personnel.
10. Work is primarily performed in an office setting amid normal conditions of dust, odors, fumes, office lighting and noise.
11. This job is eligible for a hybrid in office and work from home flexible work arrangement.
12. Possess professional communication skills while maintaining a friendly, courteous, and helpful disposition with co-workers, management, and customers, regardless of provocation.
13. Advanced proficiency in computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and knowledge of enterprise software.
14. Ability to learn new or upgraded computer software as required.
In order to effectively contribute to the objectives of the District, the following duties are required of each ERP Technical/Functional Analyst II:
1. Interface with one or more functional areas of the District currently utilizing, or slated to be utilizing, SAP and appropriate systems.
2. Function as a technical expert and provide support on one or more SAP modules.
3. Recommend revision to SAP and appropriate related business processes to increase efficiency, accuracy, and timeliness.
4. Gather, define, and document business requirements on behalf of the business process owners, business system owners, subject matter experts, users, and other stakeholders; then develop detailed functional and design specifications suitable for implementation.
5. Participate in all phases of the system development lifecycle including testing.
6. Work with quality assurance in the design and performance of acceptance tests, change control, and release management processes.
7. Understand and comply with all pertinent District policies and procedures.
8. Fulfill responsibilities common to all Supervisory, Professional, and Administrative positions as stated.
9. Perform a variety of other duties as assigned.
In contributing to the objectives of the District, the ERP Technical/Functional Analyst II is responsible for effecting constructive relationships with:
1. Supervisors and staff in assigned departments/divisions and/or Information Technology at the District to assess business and operational needs and facilitate solutions via the effective use of the SAP systems.
2. Professionals in other utilities and/or customer service-oriented companies to gather information on current trends in SAP.
Please ensure the application is filled out thoroughly to be considered for this position
An Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation”