Pebblebrook Hotel Trust (NYSE: PEB)
Reports to: Vice President, Asset Management
The Director of Reporting, Business Systems and Enterprise Technology will play a key role in the evolution and transformation of the company’s technology, systems, reporting and analysis processes. The role will be cross functional, managing projects and technology across the company’s asset management, accounting, finance and investments functional areas.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to impact Pebblebrook’s business every day by working to develop and operationalize new systems, reporting and dashboards and improve business processes through data and automation. By leveraging our data, developing insights and metrics, this position will be a key driver in creating innovation and data-driven business strategies within the company.
As an integral member of the Company’s staff, the candidate must exemplify the highest standards of honesty, respect, integrity, and discretion. The individual should be a detail-oriented person who can tackle numerous projects simultaneously.
· Partner with business stakeholders, technology system providers and external IT to define and implement the reporting, data management and business intelligence strategy for the enterprise, including enhancing reporting capabilities, consolidating/rationalizing selected software solutions and optimizing all related processes and workflows.
· Conduct key data, reporting and dashboard needs analysis of all departments and develop, communicate, and execute the appropriate strategy and plan to meet key stakeholder needs.
· Conduct an inventory of current business systems, identify areas of strength, weakness and opportunity for improvement.
· Constantly seek areas for improvement, in data processes, system selection and feature utilization, report structure, automation opportunities, efficiency creation, etc.
· Become an in-house expert and resource on all critical systems including ERP/GL, Data Warehouse (currently Cognos Planning Analytics), proprietary workflow systems, ETL intermediaries, CRM, Payroll/HRIS, Microsoft Suite and any other system implemented by the company.
· Serve as a technical resource and mentor to company’s 3-year analyst program, providing dedicated support to all regular and ad-hoc reporting needs.
· Serve as both a technical and business process leader. Understand the company’s business goals and use technology to help the company achieve them.
· Maintain data integrity and transparency to increase data, reporting and dashboard confidence and consistency across all departments.
· Consistently integrate new sources of data to create actionable insights and recommendations.
· Maintain all business systems and assist with ad-hoc troubleshooting as necessary.
· Track industry trends and emerging technology changes and work with IT and department teams to ensure these are understood, evaluated, and enabled, as necessary and appropriate.
· Monitor usage/adoption and own application/report maintenance and retirement strategies.
· Assist in developing and meet agreed-upon deadlines and perform other project duties as assigned.
· Communicate technical and non-technical information clearly, concisely, and effectively both orally and in writing. Present findings, recommendations, and specifications in formal reports and/or oral presentations.
Education and Work Experience: