Oak Creek, Wisconsin
Superior Die Set
*Competitive wages plus shift premium and OT after 8 hours **(includes 1/2 hour paid break so you work 7.5 hours)**. Why work 8.5 regular hour shift when you can work for us and make overtime after 8 hours?
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Sets up, adjusts, checks out programming and operate numerically controlled machine tools; performing a complex series of progressive machining operations on diversified work to close and exacting tolerances.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1) Sets up, adjusts, programs and operates numerically controlled machine tools to perform a complex series of progressive machining operations on a diversified line of work to close and exacting tolerances and finish specifications requiring a high degree of skill, a broad knowledge of machining techniques and familiarity with numerical machine tool operational procedures.
2) Works from program operational data and setup instructions defining and coding tools, fixtures and material clamping methods, machine calibrations and console settings.
3) Arranges, mounts and secures tooling in machine; mounts, aligns and secures holding fixtures or locate, support and clamp workpiece in absence of holding fixtures; sets stops and calibrates fixture or workpiece to material reference points.
4) Installs program tape and/or cards in console reader and correlate machine position with control; manually cycles machine through operation sequence to check fixture and work alignment, tooling sequences, clearances, speeds, feeds, etc., and adjusts machine to correct deviations from program specifications.
5) Recognizes and reports errors in programming and operations, and collaborate with systems and programming personnel to correct such errors.
6) Diagnoses operating difficulties and makes appropriate remedial adjustments to realign machine, change tooling, etc., to correct operations or dimensional deviations.
7) Works from complicated drawings, specifications, programming, setup instructions and data.
8) Uses micrometers, scale, protractor, calipers, verniers, surface gauges, indicators, etc., to make setups and check work.
9) Proceeds with minimum direction and supervision; instructions and guidance provided on programming and machining difficulties. Work is subject to process and final inspection.
10) Participate and contribute to continuous improvement culture including Kaizen initiatives. Maintain required quality and cleanliness standards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Requires a vocational or high school graduate with courses in mechanical drawing, shop mathematics and machining practices plus formal job training or an equivalent program to acquire a general knowledge of machining techniques, setup methods and operating procedures on conventional and numerically operated machine tools.
Three to four years of general machining experience required to include such time as may be needed on conventional machine tools to acquire sufficient background in machining techniques to readily adapt to numerically controlled machines.
100% standing; requires mobility to be able to stand, walk, change position, lift, move and position average to heavy weight materials (50 lbs.); able to read blueprints and precision measuring or technical equipment; able to utilize good manual dexterity for performing various job assignments; good judgment in interpreting quality standards and operating techniques.
At Superior Die Set we pride ourselves on our quality, flexibility and stability. We are looking for talented individuals to join our team who will help move us forward into our second century of producing right here in Wisconsin. If having a tangible impact on the success of the business is important to you, come work for us!
Founded in 1923, we are a manufacturer of die sets, mold bases, pins/bushings, three platen presses, cut-and-ground machined plate, fabrications and forging products. Superior Die Set has multiple manufacturing facilities, warehouses and distribution centers with the capability to serve a global market.
Why work for us?
Headquartered in Wisconsin, our almost 500 world-wide employees are committed to the success of our customers, industry and local communities.
Follow us on Facebook: