Marlboro, New York
Service Tire Truck Center Inc.
Tire Business names Service Tire Truck Centers as one of the best Tire Companies to work for in the United States in 2019. STTC offers an excellent benefit package, very competitive pay, and a path for employees to grow within the organization and thrive in a customer centric environment.
Responsible for profitable management of location. Directs production (where applicable), delivery, warehouse, service, sales and office operations. Controls all functions relating to safety, inventory, personnel, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
Essential Job Functions (include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
• Ensure customers receive products and quality services. Uphold STTC standards for services and products.
• Coach, lead and direct supervisors to ensure that all departments work together towards company’s common goals. Building a team concept among employees for growth and quality assurance. Conduct monthly group meetings with all employees.
• Approve all purchases/expenses.
• Increase sales and gross profit while controlling expenses each year. Provide sales personnel with weekly updates on their sales progress.
• Review staffing needs with Regional General Manager and Owner(s) and make necessary adjustments.
• Oversee hiring, training, discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policies and all applicable laws. Perform new hire employee orientation on the first day of hire. Forward all completed new hire paperwork to Corporate Office immediately. Perform annual performance appraisals in a timely manner.
• Meet STTC’s net profit goal (3% of total sales). Perform monthly review of P&L and all associated expenses.
• Implement and maintain all company policies.
• Make sales calls on key accounts.
• Inventory: Assure that necessary inventory is in stock while attaining a minimum of 8 turns per year. Return unneeded inventory, create spiffs to move old inventory, conduct and reconcile monthly inventories and minimize outside purchases.
• Write an annual business plan forecasting total sales, gross profit percentage, expenses, net profit and equipment and personnel needs.
• A/R: approve credit in accordance with company policy, attain past due % goal, oversee daily collection process and minimize potential bad debt.
• Appearance: ensure that location, equipment and personnel have professional appearance.
• Safety: enforce and promote company safety procedures.
• All STTC vehicles at the branch must be maintained and cleaned on a regular basis.
• Manage, support and fill in as needed for Service Manager, Office Manager, Warehouse Manager, Route Driver(s) and Sales Personnel.
• Hours: as needed, including Saturdays.
• Supervisory Responsibilities: Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of location. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with STTC’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Record and report all requests for Vacation, PTO, or excessive absenteeism or tardiness.
• Education and/or experience: Five years of relevant management experience or strong knowledge of truck tire sales, service and retreading. Ability to write reports and annual business plans. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, managers and customers. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Language skills: Ability to read and interpret English documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of STTC.
• Mathematical skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, percentages and volume discounts.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in writing, oral or diagram form.
• Computer skills: Ability to use computer; training will be provided as needed.
• Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid driver’s license.
• Equipment: Capable of operating telephone, calculator, computer, photo copier and fax machine. Service Tire Truck Centers will provide a vehicle. Company vehicle must be maintained and cleaned (inside and outside) on a regular basis.
• Dress code: Neat slacks and collared shirt. Rubber soled shoes. All management personnel must be neatly groomed. During monthly inventory or while performing fleet inspections, appropriate attire may be worn.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, kneel and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Must be able to talk and hear for lengths of time. May be occasionally exposed to mechanical moving parts. Ability to deliver tires in a company vehicle.
Work environment: while performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Benefits include (but not limited to)
• Top Industry Wages / Competitive pay
• Full health benefit package (includes Medical/Prescription, Dental, Vision, Life, FSA, and more
• 401K with company match
• Paid Holidays and PTO days
STTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.