Assistant Department Manager FULL-TIME
Starting pay ranges between $15.00 – $16.00/hour depending on department and experience.
Responsible for receiving product and ensures that aisles are stocked, labeled, clean and delivered product is packed out, and proper customer service is provided.
– Ensuring proper customer service and works to develop relationships with large customers.
– Supervising and working alongside Floor Manager, and Stockers to assure that shelves are stocked and merchandise is rotated.
– Developing schedules, monitoring performance and recommends the proper discipline as appropriate.
– Interviewing candidates and recommends for hires.
– Training employees in job responsibilities and safe operating procedures
– Ensuring that employees are performing the proper inspections to meet HACCP regulations as well as conducting periodic HACCP audits.
– Reviewing inventory for product rotation on a daily basis to prevent shrinkage and damages.
– Ensuring that shelf pricing is correct and reflects the most recent pricing and market conditions.
– Supervising the receiving of products and ensures that the proper paperwork is completed.
– Maintains accurate computer inventory levels by having physical inventories performed on a regular basis and adjustments made.
– Supervise the ordering of products from vendors on a regular basis to assure we have competitive pricing and minimal shrink due to spoilage and not have too much inventory on hand.
– Coordinates that the pallets stored in the racks have the proper block and date tags.
– Follows program to maintain the cleanliness of the area by a regular maintenance schedule of scrubbing, and pulling out pallets and cleaning underneath.
– Ensures that excess inventory not slotted on floor is stacked in overhead racks in close proximity to where it is sold or stored in freezers/refrigerators.
– Makes sure that low stock/out of stock information is communicated to the Inventory Controller after carefully checking the system and rack for product.
– Coordinates proper merchandising of aisles (logical adjacencies, proper holding power, space allocation) and creatively merchandises and sets up impulse areas for merchandising.
– Performs weekly self audits on the perishable department.
REM-01 WS-01 WS-TC
Shift start: 5:00AM or 6:00AM or 7:00AM
Shift length: 9 – 10 hours
5 days/week, must be available any day
Bachelor’s Degree or high school diploma/GED with at least 4 years experience in customer service Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures. Computer Literacy.
About Restaurant Depot
Restaurant Depot is a Members-Only Wholesale Cash & Carry Foodservice Supplier. Their mission is to be your one-stop shop for savings, selection, and service, seven days a week. They have been supplying independent food businesses with quality products from large cash and carry warehouse stores since 1990. They became the leading low-cost alternative to other foodservice suppliers by eliminating the overhead of a traditional distributor, focusing on the needs of independent foodservice operators and offering free membership.